New – Diabetic Classes!
The UHI CommunityCare Clinic is offering Diabetic education classes for existing patients who are diabetic or are pre-diabetic. The program consists of 4 classes, lasting 45 minutes, with a 15 minute question and answer period at the end of every class. The classes deal with:
- Understanding the disease
- Blood glucose highs and low and associated dangers
- Role of exercise
- Food choices; spacing and portion size
- Hyperglycemia and hypoglycemic agents
- Long term effects of uncontrolled blood sugars